Our Family Scripture

"Come follow Me," Jesus said "I will make you fishers of men. " Matt 4:19


Monday, September 16, 2013

God is good

It has been almost a year since I left my job at Henry County and it seems like a life time ago. We have been from one side of the earth to the other. We have had the opportunity to get a glimpse at God in ways I have never seen Him before. It's been incredible! We have learned to depend more and more on God and to trust in the Lord with all our hearts, and not lean on our own understandings (Proverbs 3:5).  To be honest, most of it has taken me out of my comfort zone, and His steadfast love and faithfulness has been delightfully overwhelming.

A few months ago, I wrote a blog (God is Faithful), it was about my men's Bible study and being in a place that was outside of my comfort zone. The study has been going well and I have great news to share!  We have been meeting regularly for the past few months and God has given me the opportunity to see Him at work in our study. Most of the guys in the study were already Christians except for Hussain, he was Muslim.

Hussain has been attending the Bible study regularly and is growing in his understanding of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. It has been a true blessing to be a witness to Hussain's growth and transformation!  One amazing and joyful moment of Hussain's journey was witnessing his baptism.  It was a beautiful day and we went down to the local reservoir to bless him in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  It was an honor to be witnessing my friend giving his life to Christ and beginning his Christian walk.  Thank you Lord!

Another neat part of this story is Hussain's love for the Lord and how he is excited to share his new found faith.  After his baptism, he said to me, "I need to talk to my mom about Jesus!". Hussain's mom is Muslim and his hope is that he will bring her to know Christ and then witness her baptism in the same reservoir that he was baptised. How cool is that?!?

Thank you to everyone who has been in prayer for the men in this Bible study. Please continue to pray for us as we walk with the Lord together and please be in prayer for Hussain's mom. I praise God and I thank Him that I have such amazing news to share.  I praise God for Hussain. 
 "In the same way, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who changes both heart and life than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need to change their hearts and lives." Luke 15:7



2 comments: